Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Million Pieces

Today my heart broke
Into a million pieces
As I watched you come last
In your running race

I saw from the start
That things weren't going well
That just like last year
You would come out broken

I could see it written
All over your face
The pain, the disappointment
At finishing last in the race

You tried to hide
The tears in your eyes
You told me to go away
And I was not surprised

It felt like the worst thing
To have put you through
You don't like sports
And it's a challenge to do

I wished I hadn't
Made you come along today
Forced you to perform
In some very unnatural ways

I tried to be positive
When we got dressed
We picked out some clothes
In green we were clad

I told you every point counts
For the house you are in
That you helped your team
Despite how it seemed

But really there were no words
To take away that moment
Because I could see your heart also broke into
A million pieces




No comments:

Post a Comment